From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] system set change
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:07:09
1 Hi all,
2
3 As per now, I have changed profiles/default-prefix/packages to exclude
4 rsync, and to include subversion in the system set. The rationale
5 behind this is that in Prefix we currently really need subversion, and
6 we don't really need rsync, since our tree is only available through
7 subversion.
8
9 This change means that once bootstrapping uses a snapshot as of today,
10 manually emerging subversion will no longer be necessary. This makes a
11 cleaner bootstrap process, where only system is being emerged, and world
12 is entirely left over to the user to fill in.
13
14 As far as I am aware this change does not have any impact on existing
15 users.
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level
21 --