From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix installer, AIX 5.3 gcc failed to build
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:27:12
1 On 12/13/2010 11:47 PM, Perry Smith wrote:
2 >>> Right now, I've update portage in prefix-launcher to accept EAPI 3 now,
3 >>> which is required to support unmodified ebuilds from main Gentoo Linux.
4 >>>
5 >> Fabian just said the one I took is broken and I should update tomorrow,
6 >> so please be patient...
7 >
8 > Ok. Drop me an email when its done.
9
10 The portage found in prefix-launcher-trunk now seems to work so far,
11 although a complete bootstrap still isn't working for different reason:
12
13 After emerging python there is no usr/bin/python available.
14
15 Thus the portage being merged finds python from prefix-launcher, which
16 is outside EPREFIX and thus a QA-reason to abort merging initial portage.
17
18 /haubi/
19 --
20 Michael Haubenwallner