From: Yuchen Ying <cnyegle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] GSoC idea: clang as a supported toolchain on OSX prefix
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 02:21:24
1 Hi all,
2
3 Since GCC changed its license to GPLv3, Apple have stopped supporting its own flavor of GCC[1]. The current sys-devel/gcc-apple version may work in the next few years but eventually it will be replaced by clang.
4
5 Now that we are refactoring the bootstrap.sh script, should we re-consider the idea to make clang a supported toolchain on OSX prefix? I think I mentioned this idea to Fabian on bugs.gentoo.org several months ago.
6
7 I really want to be part of this project but since I'll be graduate this summer and start my job, I don't have the time to do it. But I'll be glad to test and report bugs.
8
9 Any comments?
10
11 [1]: http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/gcc/