From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] bootstrap-prefix.sh failing on Centos 6.2
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 10:24:49
1 Hi Antoine,
2
3 Antoine Dechaume <boolegue@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > Thx for suggestions and the link on elf.
6 >
7 > 1. Host python is too old.
8
9 Okay. If you just need a new python, one possibility is to compile a
10 static python runtime.
11
12 > 2. This give the unhelpful message
13 > lect: error while loading shared libraries: lect: cannot open shared object file
14 > I tried the --list option of ld but it does not help.
15
16 As far as I understand, you are mixing a binary interpreted by old glibc
17 with a python runtime interpreted by new glibc. The new glibc can
18 interprete old binary but not the reverse.
19
20 So 2. will work, but may need a few trial and errors.
21
22 > 3. This is what I'm desperately trying to avoid, but it looks
23 > unavoidable I'm afraid.
24
25 3. is garenteed to work but not relocatable, so prove 2. cannot be done
26 first.
29 This ABI issue is not specific to Prefix/RAP. If you compile a binary on
30 a new distro, chances are it cannot be executed on an old distro with an
31 old glibc. If you want greatest binary compatibility, static compile or
32 compile the binary on the oldest host possible.
33
34 Benda