From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Cc: "Marty E. Plummer" <hanetzer@×××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] bumped baselayout-prefix, "Stacked Prefix" with prefix-toolkit
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 15:53:03
1 Another heads up:
2
3 I've rebased baselayout-prefix onto baselayout-2.6, with the prefix
4 patches designed for submission into baselayout, to get rid of
5 distinct baselayout-prefix at some point, let's see how that works.
6
7 Also, there is the new app-portage/prefix-toolkit package, providing:
8 * /startprefix now (overrides the one created during bootstrap),
9 to get that one updateable, as well as
10 * prefix-stack-setup script as entry point to the "Stacked Prefix"
11 world (although without any further documentation yet).
12
13 Instead of just creating /startprefix, at some time we may want to
14 have bootstrap-prefix.sh emerge prefix-toolkit eventually.
15
16 Have fun!
17
18 /haubi/