From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-alt+help@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 01:41:47
1 On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 1:28 AM, kuzetsa <kuzetsa@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Are any alt-type projects (other than prefix) still active?
3 >
4 > IRC (freenode) the channel #gentoo-prefix is active.
5 >
6 > HOWEVER:
7 >
8 > #gentoo-alt unable to join channel (invite only)
9 >
10 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_Alt/Contributor%27s_Guide
11 >
12 > As of April 20, 2017, the information in this article
13 > has been deprecated. It may or may not be relevant for
14 > contemporary usage. Handle with care!
15 > ~ via an infobox template ~
16 > :: Deprecated|date=April 20, 2017 ::
17 >
18 > RFC mostly, but I can follow up on this if needed.
21 I suggest finding someone with a Gentoo hostmask (and someone who
22 wants to maintain the channel, if not the same person) and go to
23 #freenode to request it be given to the project. It is possible the
24 project already owns it, but it was closed due to a renaming of the
25 subprojects involved.
26
27 As it is most of the projects you are referring to seem to fall under
28 Prefix. I agree "Alt" makes a bit more sense. Ultimately, it may not
29 matter.
30
31 Cheers,
32 R0b0t1