From: Maurice Volaski <mvolaski@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: [Q] What's causing python on Opensolaris to fail to import modules?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:24:16
>On 21-06-2008 20:25:55 -0400, Maurice Volaski wrote: >> I'm installing a prefix for Indiana OpenSolaris 64-bit and I'm at the >> point of emerging, but I'm getting an error: >> >> Failed to complete python imports >> >> Now I noticed that when python 2.5.2 is compiling in the bootstrap phase >> there are repeated warnings >> >> ***WARNING: renaming "_struct" since importing it failed: >> python: fatal: /usr/sfw/lib/ wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 >> >> In the directory, /opt/gentoo/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload, there are >> are a number of failed .so files. Could this be related to the cause? > >Yeah for sure. > >I think I hit the same issue and I added a little note for it in the >bootstrap guide. If you're bootstrapping 64-bits, you need to have the >64-bits paths in your searchpath, where they are non standard. > >It's in this line: > >If you are targetting a 64-bits native Prefix, append -L and -R flags >for /usr/sfw/lib/64 to your LDFLAGS. Additionally set CC="gcc -m64", >CXX="g++ -m64" and HOSTCC="gcc -m64". > >note the /usr/sfw/lib/64, it contains the 64-bits version of >, that the linker should find (after skipping the >incompatible 32-bits version). > >If you already did this, it looks like something weird is going on.
First, I assume the guide you mean is If so, though it's not the cause of the problem, but shouldn't those variables be set before bootstrapping python? Now, I had them set them when I bootstrapped python, so something weird is going on. I was able to get past it by moving the 32-bit libgcc out of the way and creating a symlink in /usr/sfw/lib to the 64-bit version and it seems to be working. -- Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@××××××××.edu Computing Support, Rose F. Kennedy Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University -- gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list