From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] FW: x86-winnt
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:53:18
1 On 14-05-2008 16:40:00 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
2 > > I don't see how that's going to solve my problem of binutils tools (as
3 > > in the ebuild) being compiled such that if you want to run any of its
4 > > tools (e.g. objdump) it traps saying it can't find
5 > > libbfd.so.some.amazingly.long.version.number.
6 >
7 > I have really no idea, but it works here for every bootstrap. I
8 > believe (I think I mentioned this already) that the eprefix-bootstrap
9 > script sets the necessary runpaths (with CHOST queried from portageq).
10 > I think the relevant part is a function called need_prefix_env or
11 > so...
12
13 That feels like an awfully ugly hack. Sorry to say so. Gives me an
14 idea on where/why/how though...
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level
20 --