From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Prefix rsync broken - DNS broken
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:08:05
1 All,
2
3 Unfortunately, the freens.org domain seems to have expired. This went
4 without notice (AFAICT). It's not coming back any more, so waiting for
5 the problem to fix itself is not going to work :(
6
7 Effectively, we've got only one rsync server these days, and it's
8 prefix.gentooexperimental.org. At some point we had more servers (such
9 as in US), but they are unlikely to come back. Hence, we'll likely be
10 safe to go with the following.
11
12 Add this to your ${EPREFIX}/etc/portage/make.conf:
13
14 SYNC="rsync://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/gentoo-portage-prefix"
15
16 For emerge-webrsync users, a similar change is required, but to
17 emerge-webrsync itself:
18
19 Change the following line in ${EPREFIX}/usr/bin/emerge-webrsync
20
21 GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo-mirror1.prefix.freens.org"
25 GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org"
28 That should get you going again. Portage has not been fixed yet, so you
29 may have to reapply the fixes, but we're working on this.
30
31 Sorry for the hassle!
35 Fabian Groffen
36 Gentoo on a different level