From: Tobias Hahn <tobhahn@×××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Going from prefix
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 16:05:37
1 Are you sure you're talking about Gentoo-prefix and not a stage 1
2 install, which includes building stuff in a subdirectory of a base
3 system you later chroot to and mount as root?
4
5 This has been officially discouraged for end users, since it created
6 many bugreports. If you'd like to build everything yourself, install a
7 stage 3 (the standard) tar-ball and then
8
9 emerge -e system && emerge -e world
10
11 This will give you a system quite like a stage 1 install, but with
12 much less pain.
13
14 Tobias
15