From: Olivier Huber <oli.huber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] problem installing gentoo prefix on debian buster
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 11:46:53
1 Hi Michael,
2
3 What does ``m4 --version'' return on your debian install?
4 I'm no dev, however, if you have a valid m4 install, you shouldn't need to
5 have m4 bootstrapped.
6
7 If m4 is not installed, you may want to do so (as well as bison, patch,
8 ...).
9
10 Otherwise, you could apply some patch to m4 during the bootstrap process.
11 For instance, this bug has been fixed in Gentoo with this patch
12 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/plain/sys-devel/m4/files/m4-1.4.18-glibc228.patch
13
14 Best,
17 Olivier Huber
18
19 On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 1:35 PM Michael Fothergill <