From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] GCC patches affecting mostly 64-bits targets
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:30:02
1 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.alt/3329/
2
3 Sort of followup to the above mail.
4
5 I noticed our bash on x64-solaris and sparc64-solaris were linking
6 against /lib/libcurses.so.1, a bit odd. I came to the same conclusion
7 as my previous mail, I was confronted with -L/usr/lib/64 and -L/lib/64
8 being injected by GCC.
9
10 I applied two different patches to GCC to (hopefully) resolve the search
11 path problem. On Solaris, the spec-files like to add the 64-bits paths,
12 so that was easily patched out. What remained is another insertion of
13 the 64-bits system libs as part of "-lgcc". (GCC Spec File "%D", used
14 in link_libgcc.)
15
16 It appears %D adds the multilib dirs (64-bits native compiler still
17 considers itself to be multilib aware, because the host system is) when
18 not ".", which causes the -L/usr/lib/64 and friends. I now patched GCC
19 to think it's never in multilib for %D, such that we don't get the
20 64-bits paths. It seems to work fine on x64-solaris. I'm rebuilding my
21 entire Prefix there, since all uploaded binaries are faulty, the same I
22 will do on my sparc64-solaris prefix.
23
24 I didn't revbump gcc, as not to force a recompile upon anyone. I think
25 this patch resolves "hidden" problems on Linux as well.
30 Fabian Groffen
31 Gentoo on a different level
32 --
33 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list