From: "Gregory M. Turner" <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Does Gentoo Prefix now install it's own glibc ?
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 00:06:14
1 On 8/31/2012 9:40 AM, Asfand Qazi wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm doing an update after a long time, and find that glibc is is being
5 > compiled - is that right? How comes the change from the previous model
6 > to use system libc?
7 >
8 > Thanks
9
10 What arch is your prefix? I very much doubt that Gentoo prefix has
11 changed this "policy" (I know if it's /officially/ policy -- I'd guess
12 something more like a long-standing tradition based on years of bitter
13 experience -- my understanding is that it's been tried several times but
14 has always ended in disaster and, ultimately, reversion).
15
16 But, I'm really the wrong person to say -- that's second-hand
17 information I'm giving you, I'm sure those who dealt with that in the
18 trenches could say more about it.
19
20 More likely, what has happened is that it has somehow accidentally
21 gotten unmasked in your ${EPREFIX}/etc/portage/ or by an overlay.
22
23 Also, just to be sure, I just synced my prefix-x86 tree and no glibc
24 appears in @system.
25
26 -gmt