From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Interix _ALL_SOURCE
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 07:47:49
1 On 02-07-2008 09:38:30 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
2 > > What do you mean? I would just enable it, rebuild system (wait for +- 2
3 > > days) if that's ok, commit it, and then remove all append-flags
4 > > -D_ALL_SOURCE stuff. People having a prefix shouldn't notice that,
5 > > should they? New packages they install just should build, and I hope no
6 > > upstream is so stupid to put #ifdef _ALL_SOURCE in their headers like
7 > > Interix does. Quick grepping doesn't show anything like a changing
8 > > definition or something.
9 >
10 > I meant that changing the define makes various configure scripts find different things, and thus may enable (or disable) different code paths, which _could_ in some stupid cases confuse already merged packages, or the new ones, since it expects something from the merged packages they don't provide, since at build time those things weren't there.
11
12 Ok, good point. Then I guess it's either you or me doing it, and just
13 aligning it, that when it's pushed into the tree, we
14 a) make a new bootstrap snapshot
15 b) upload new installers using the newly compiled packages
16
17 I can do the compilation of system, but maybe that doesn't make much
18 sense since you'll have to build the installers/binpkgs anyway?
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo on a different level
24 --
25 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list