From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] ongoing tree changes
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:37:18
1 On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 20:04 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > darkside and I just implemented the next step for us Prefix devs to get
5 > closer to mainline Gentoo. From now on, we can "move" packages from the
6 > Prefix tree to gentoo-x86 and remove them from the Prefix tree. This
7 > means they only live in gentoo-x86, and are automatically copied into
8 > the rsync snapshot. For developers this means the Prefix svn tree no
9 > longer contains all ebuilds. We will have to overlay either a CVS
10 > checkout of gentoo-x86, or an rsync checkout of the Prefix tree to get
11 > all goodies.
12
13 Very nice. I'm looking forward to that !
14
15 Alan.