From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo with mingw ?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:43:04
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Is there a projet to run Gentoo / Gentoo Prefix with mingw (+ msys)?
5 > I took a look at Interix but it doensn't run with Windows Vista Home
6
7 I thought this was solved with vista SP1? Am I wrong here?
8
9 > and
10 > I would like a more "free" system, like Cygwin or Mingw.
11 >
12 > What would be the better approach : starting from old cygwin-portage or
13 > gentoo-prefix@interix?
14
15 I think the interix version ist he more current one, although mingw will be
16 much different I guess. Still the interix port is the best starting point
17 you will ever get for this, I guess...
18
19 Cheers, Markus
22 > Kind regards,
23 > Xavier Miller