From: "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Questions on making ebuilds on OS X
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:01:42
Hi all,

I have been toying with a Gentoo prefix on OS X (10.5) for the
last month.

I spent most of my time getting things in shape to have sage from
the sage-on-gentoo overlay build on OS X.

I have something that runs now and I'd like to clean up my work
and put some of it in good shape for submission.

I was working on x86-macos with 10.5 and a friend of mine was
testing on x64-macos with 10.6 (he also have a ppc-macos, presumably
10.4 on which he plans to test the stuff).

1) I have one ebuild in which I need to set
How do I identify the various flavours of OS X, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, to set
it right?

2) framework: I noticed that we build the python framework. Do we preferably
build framework? Or the reverse? I have worked on dev-lang/R and I didn't
build it as a framework and ended up with a bunch of .so which should have
been ".bundle" I believe.

3) how do you do debugging? I installed gdb-apple and build stuff with
-ggdb and nostripe, but gdb still says it cannot find the symbols...

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] Questions on making ebuilds on OS X Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>