From: "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Questions on making ebuilds on OS X
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:01:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have been toying with a Gentoo prefix on OS X (10.5) for the
4 last month.
5
6 I spent most of my time getting things in shape to have sage from
7 the sage-on-gentoo overlay build on OS X.
8
9 I have something that runs now and I'd like to clean up my work
10 and put some of it in good shape for submission.
11
12 I was working on x86-macos with 10.5 and a friend of mine was
13 testing on x64-macos with 10.6 (he also have a ppc-macos, presumably
14 10.4 on which he plans to test the stuff).
15
16 1) I have one ebuild in which I need to set
17 MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
18 How do I identify the various flavours of OS X, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, to set
19 it right?
20
21 2) framework: I noticed that we build the python framework. Do we preferably
22 build framework? Or the reverse? I have worked on dev-lang/R and I didn't
23 build it as a framework and ended up with a bunch of .so which should have
24 been ".bundle" I believe.
25
26 3) how do you do debugging? I installed gdb-apple and build stuff with
27 -ggdb and nostripe, but gdb still says it cannot find the symbols...
28
29 Cheers,
30 Francois