From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] planned removal of Perl 5.8 and Perl 5.10
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:46:50
1 Like for Python, I'm planning to remove Perl 5.8.8 and Perl 5.10.1 from
2 the Prefix tree. This is the time to raise any issues with doing so. I
3 plan to remove them in a week from now, February 19th.
4
5 In preparation of the migration of Perl from the Prefix tree to gx86, I
6 prefer to focus on a single version, which needs to be cleaned up,
7 patches properly documented, etc. for gx86 maintainers to accept the
8 changes. At this moment, this means perl-5.12.3 is the candidate for
9 migration. perl-5.8.8-r8 and perl-5.10.1 will be removed, and not
10 considered for migration. Note that perl-5.12.2-r4 and perl-5.12.2-r6
11 will also removed.
12
13 If you haven't upgraded yet to perl-5.12.3, now is the time to do so and
14 report any issues or problems that this gives you.
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level