From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] copy prefix to new directory / machine
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 18:01:35
1 On 15-10-2013 11:13:00 -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to copy the entire prefix directory (currently
5 > ${HOME}/Gentoo) to a different directory (actually, to a different
6 > directory on somebody else's machine).
7 >
8 > Knowing that many binaries have rpaths directly hard-coded, and that a
9 > lot of shebangs (#!) in scripts are modified by the prefix hooks in
10 > portage, is there an easy way to do this.
11 >
12 > E.g. copy prefix directory contents to new machine, run script to fix
13 > all rpaths and shebangs
14
15 You could try to run chpathtool on everything, but no guarantees ...
16
17 > I'm sure something like this exists already, but Google does not seem
18 > to be helpful for me in this case.
19
20 This is not really something I'd consider good practice, so I'd doubt
21 it.
22
23 Fabian
26 Fabian Groffen