From: Galaxy <galaxy001@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] How to make prefix using new glibc ?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:09:42
1 I am doing on two servers with "2.6.9-55.0.2.ELsmp,/lib64/tls/libc-2.3.4.so" and "2.6.18-164.6.1.el5,/lib64/libc-2.5.so" that mount a same NFS disk.
2 (In fact, they are 2 clusters with different linux on them and the administrators are not going to make those nodes same.)
3
4 When I first encounter some errors that googled towarding to glibc, I found glibc is not in the portage gentoo-prefix,
5 so I thought it might be better to build the prefix under my own machine, which runs Gentoo.
6 After I done this on my machine and rsync back to the same path on the server, I found everything linking on glibc cannot work since the libc there is too old.
7
8 So, How can I make a prefix that works on both these 2 servers?
9 I think what I need is to make a glibc-2.11 with kernel 2.6.9-55, the lower one.
10
11 Any note on prefix the glibc? Such as, what glibc depands on.
12
13 And In fact I am not so sure which linux distributions are on those server, I just find there are 'rpm' but no 'apt-get' and no 'deb' .
14 From other informations, it should be some CentOS. But I am not sure.
15
16 Galaxy
17 mailto:galaxy001@×××××.com