From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix keywords in main tree
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 16:19:38
On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 10:39 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o> wrote: > > > So I'm planning to update my local <200 package versions once a year or > > much less often, or when a specific feature is required, while still > > I would be concerned with this. It is a known deficiency wrt Gentoo > that once systems are not updated for longer than a year, you hit > extreme difficulty to get it upgraded most of the time.
Unfortunately, I do have to support production environments not being upgraded for 3-5 years and more. Because they managed to use another slice of their old software, they might want to get just a few bugfixes without upgrading their whole system... /haubi/ -- Michael Haubenwallner Gentoo on a different level