From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix keywords in main tree
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 16:19:38
1 On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 10:39 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > So I'm planning to update my local <200 package versions once a year or
5 > > much less often, or when a specific feature is required, while still
6 >
7 > I would be concerned with this. It is a known deficiency wrt Gentoo
8 > that once systems are not updated for longer than a year, you hit
9 > extreme difficulty to get it upgraded most of the time.
10
11 Unfortunately, I do have to support production environments not being
12 upgraded for 3-5 years and more. Because they managed to use another
13 slice of their old software, they might want to get just a few bugfixes
14 without upgrading their whole system...
15
16 /haubi/
17 --
18 Michael Haubenwallner