From: yegle <cnyegle@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: sync failure on OS X
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 23:07:35
1 On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 2:13 AM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@××××××.ru> wrote:
2 > You should create case-sensitive partition and move your prefix there.
3
4 If this is a requirement of using Gentoo Prefix then yes I should
5 start with a case-sensitive partition. But looks like this is not the
6 case, at least I cannot find it in the bootstrap guide etc.
7
8 I've been using Gentoo Prefix on a case-insensitive FS (blame Apple
9 for the default) for 5 years without a problem, and the rsync problem
10 appeared in recent weeks.
11
12 So I'm looking for anyone who can confirm that there's a problem
13 syncing and the problem tie to a case-insensitive FS. Then, either
14 declare that Gentoo Prefix require a case-sensitive FS and everyone
15 should migrate their existing prefix, or fix the problem by
16 remove/rename the offending file in portage tree.
19 yegle
20 http://about.me/yegle