From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Prefix keywords in main tree
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:21:13

do we already know how to do Prefix keywords in the main tree? [1]

Based on [2] I've hacked up some glep draft [3], although without any
Prefix pointers (yet).

What do you (Prefix devs and users) think about these definitions by the
means of my glep draft (take "Enterprise" as "Redistribution" here):

1) "Gentoo Prefix" is a "Redistribution of Gentoo Linux",
   and thus the glep applies with:
   + PREFIX_KEYWORDS in the ebuilds
   + ACCEPT_DISTRO_KEYWORDS='PREFIX' in profile (make.conf?)

2) "Gentoo Prefix" is a standalone distribution, and does:
   + share KEYWORDS in the ebuilds with "Gentoo Linux"
   + ACCEPT_DISTRO_KEYWORDS='GENTOO' picks Prefix keywords only.
   + introduce new PREFIXKEYWORDS in the ebuilds
   + "Enterprise Prefix" would have ENTERPRISE_PREFIXKEYWORDS in ebuilds

IMO, the most convenient/useable/obvious one (in practical sense) is 1),
although the more "correct" one (in political sense?) might be 2).

Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix keywords in main tree Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>