From: Johan Hattne <johan@××××××.se>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Failure bootstrapping on Mountain Lion
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 04:38:00
1 On 31 Jan 2013, at 19:15, William Morris <wrm@××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I just tried re-running the bootstrap script in the Guest account
4 > and so far it is fine. Stage 1 just completed, so it got beyond my
5 > previous failure. There must be something in my environment it
6 > doesn't like.
7
8 I haven't bootstrapped in ages, but I find DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to be the most usual suspect for all kinds of offences. Others are PYTHONPATH and probably everything else that ends in PATH.
9
10 > If it completes in the guest account, can I just copy the
11 > /Users/guest/Gentoo tree over to my account?
12
13 To the best of my knowledge, that won't work. The absolute path to your prefix ends up in a lot of places such as configuration files, and search paths inside dynamic libraries.
14
15 // Johan