From: Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] using distcc in prefix?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:50:25
1 On 14/02/2008, Jeremy <jer.gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 > Has anyone got distcc running in a prefix env? I would like to set up
4 > some distcc hosts and maybe some crossdev hosts later but I do not
5 > know where to start.
6 >
7 > I looked at the Gentoo distcc doc[1] but I do not think it will apply
8 > to prefix based on the fact that it needs a distcc user (and a distcc
9 > daemon)
10 >
11 > Any insights?
12 >
13 > Thanks,
14 > Jeremy
17 I had it running manually on my OSX 10.5 Leopard prefix, not as a
18 daemon. But it wasn't much help to me because I haven't been able to
19 use crossdev to get an i386-pc-linux-gnu compiler chain running to
20 work with my other gentoo boxes. Crossdev keeps telling me things
21 about invalid install names.... It might be a security issue if you
22 aren't able to create a new user and group for it btw.
23
24 Peter
25 --
26 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list