From: Rabbe Fogelholm <rabbe@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Usable platforms for prefix gentoo on Linux?
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 09:54:56
1 On the
2 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-linux.xml>
3 webpage it is said:
4
5 "Success with bootstrapping on the following platforms has been
6 reported: RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5 for x86, x86_64 and ia64 and
7 Fedora (Core) 6 and 7 on amd64."
8
9 Are there any distros besides these where bootstrapping is believed to
10 work? For example, what about fully updated Gentoo Linux on non-exotic
11 hardware?
12
13 I am having problems with all Linux platforms that I have tried so far,
14 so now I am looking for some convenient workable platform for reference
15 purposes. Which may of course boil down to Fedora Core, but it would be
16 interesting to hear other success stories too.
17
18 --Rabbe
21 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list