From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] emerging kde4 apps on Darwin with prefix portage
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:35:48
1 On 26-01-2008 20:50:24 +0100, Christian Simon wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > 6. I failed to emerge soprano (Call stack:
4 > * misc-functions.sh:703: <call install_qa_check>
5 > * misc-functions.sh:368: hasq allow_broken_install_names ${FEATURES}
6 > || \
7 > * die "invalid install_name found, your application will crash at
8 > runtime"
9 > )
10
11 Maybe this can be fixed. I'm not familiar with this package.
12
13 > 7. So, I emerged kdelibs with: USE="-semantic-desktop" emerge
14 > kde-base/kdelibs:kde-4
15 > 8. Then, I emerged kde-base/kwrite:kde-4
16 > 9. The result of all efforts is this:
17 >
18 > christian@christian-simons-mac-mini ~ $
19 > Gentoo/usr/bin/kwrite.app/Contents/MacOS/kwrite
20 > dyld: Library not loaded:
21 > /Users/christian/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kwrite-4.0.0/work/kwrite_build/lib/libkdeinit4_kwrite.dylib
22 > Referenced from:
23 > /Users/christian/Gentoo/usr/bin/kwrite.app/Contents/MacOS/kwrite
24 > Reason: image not found
25 > Trace/BPT trap
26
27 Hmmm, weird Portage didn't catch this issue, whereas it should have as
28 far as I can see. Did you by chance disable something?
29
30 > At the moment, I'm too tired to work this out. The greatest obstacle I had
31 > to overcome to get this far was cmake. In the end, it's only a question of
32 > sending the right parameters to cmake, I guess.
33
34 If I'm not mistaken, I used cmake yesterday to compile some obscure
35 utility. That would mean that it just works?
36
37 > Over the past few monthes, I've been following the proceedings on this
38 > list. You guys are doing a great job. Your work makes Darwin a much more
39 > pleasant fellow to get along with! I've alaways missed certain KDE apps on
40 > OSX (such as kwrite for example), maybe one of you out there has a
41 > brilliant idea how to solve this puzzle!
42
43 I'm not the most qualified to mess with QT/KDE, but I think in principle
44 it should be able to work, as there exist screenshots of KDE stuff
45 running on a Mac ;)
49 Fabian Groffen
50 Gentoo on a different level
51 --