From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [Mac OS X] Error with Pango applications
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:09:17
1 On 18-11-2009 02:43:06 +0100, Heiko Przybyl wrote:
2 > Ah and after removing my overlay's version of pango, I just noticed that the prefix pango-1.26.ebuild in the SVN repo needs a minor fixup. Fabian, the ebuild needs
3 >
4 > if [[ ${CHOST} == *64-apple-darwin* ]] ; then
5 > # Carbon is dead in 64-bits land
6 > export ac_cv_header_Carbon_Carbon_h=no
7 > fi
8 >
9 > removed, otherwise it'll runtime-segfault on all gtk invocations. The problem is, that this completely turns off quartz font rendering:
10
11 ok, this came from bug #287357, but I don't know where the idea came
12 from. Anyway, it's removed from 1.26.0 now, thanks
13
14 > And I guess that
15 > eautoreconf
16 > elibtoolize # for Darwin bundles
17 >
18 > can be shortened to just read
19 > eautoreconf
20
21 yeah, but if the eautoreconf is no longer necessary, people should put
22 back the elibtoolize, and they will forget, hence the double thinghy.
23 elibtoolize will figure out itself that it doesn't need to run again, so
24 it's cheap.
28 Fabian Groffen
29 Gentoo on a different level