From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Developers news
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:02:56
1 Because I feel this stuff has passed by quite silently:
2
3 Michael Haubenwallner has recentely become a full Gentoo Developer!
4 This means /haubi/ now can commit to both the Gentoo main tree, as well
5 as the Gentoo Prefix tree. I'm very happy Michael wanted to join us.
6 Michael currently toys with some AIX and a bit of HPUX if I'm not
7 mistaken.
8
9 Also, Elias Pipping got Gentoo Prefix tree commit access. He is not
10 (yet) official Gentoo staff, but currently responsible for most package
11 additions and fixes of miscellaneous screwups I put in the tree. His
12 main platform is x86-macos, which is at least 10x faster than my poor
13 old G5.
14
15 I'm very happy to have both (very active persons) in the Prefix Camp(r)(TM).
16
17 I'm also very delighted by the quite positive reactions I got lately by
18 other Gentoo developers, and interested users. The more people enjoy
19 our work, the better!
20
21 I hope we can have a little Prefix Staff + Users meeting at next FOSDEM
22 with everyone around :)
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo on a different level
28 --