From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] chpathtool
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:59:10
1 On 22-09-2009 16:11:19 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
2 > Markus Duft wrote:
3 > > Hey!
4 > >
5 > > seems i found a problem with chpathtool. i tried to chpath a whole
6 > > prefix at once recursively, but some files make chpathtool crash. i
7 > > attached one of them, could you have a look at it? i debugged the
8 > > problem on my gentoo linux box, but no luck.
11 > trying again, i found something: it's a off-by-on if the file ends with
12 > for example '/', which makes memstr yield a partial match to magic...
13
14 it's not an off-by-one, what goes wrong here is the case where you match
15 the start of magic at the end of the buffer, and then try to move the
16 entire length of magic, which of course is not there.
17
18 > i have a patch for this (attached), that seems to fix it (not sure
19 > wether it destroys something else ;)). could you double check, and
20 > apply? Thanks!
21
22 I solved it a little bit different, but I think the logic eventually is
23 the same.
24
25 > owh... and: chpathtool only works as long as magic and value are the
26 > same length. it immediatly (after 10 files or so) crashes if value is
27 > less than magic ...
28
29 Hmmm, it runs happily on a directory here without problems, do you have
30 another testcase perhaps?
34 Fabian Groffen
35 Gentoo on a different level