From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] OpenRC on Prefix for service daemons
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 15:12:01
1 Dear All,
2
3 Have you ever wanted to start a daemon from prefix in a gentoo way but
4 noticed portage saying
5 ,----
6 | * removed /etc/init.d and /etc/conf.d directories until bug #196294 has
7 been resolved
8 `----
9 to you? It has been disappointing for to me to manually start daemons
10 repeatedly.
11
12 A solution introducing OpenRC[1] is around the corner waiting for your
13 trial and review:
14
15 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC/Prefix
16
17 As you can see from the contents,
18
19 1 USING heroxbd's openrc-prefix overlay
20 1.1 install baselayout-prefix and portage from the overlay
21 2 GETTING openrc-9999 emerged on prefix
22 2.1 glibc and sysvinit
23 2.2 OpenRC config
24 3 EXAMPLE: tinc
25 3.1 prefixify init script
26 3.2 fire up tincd from OpenRC
27 4 EXAMPLE: nginx
28 4.1 prefixify init script
29 4.2 prefixify nginx.conf
30 4.3 normal privilege
31 4.4 add nginx to default runlevel and fire up
32 5 Further Reading
33
34 following the tutorial will give you a working tinc and/or nginx managed
35 by OpenRC, and of course a common base to start any daemon from Prefix
36 in the unified Gentoo way with power of OpenRC.
37
38 Enjoy ;) Don't forget to email or bug me for feedback.
39
40 Cheers!
41 Benda
42