From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] id in coreutils7
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 06:22:53
On 06-04-2009 16:23:10 -0700, Steven Parkes wrote:
> > Yea, there have been conflicting reports of coreutils status. For > > example, - but other people can't > > reproduce it. > > Hmmm not sure why people can't reproduce, unless it's a new bug in Darwin, because it's definitely a bug in Darwin. I added the details to the ticket.
I don't think it's a bug. I think coreutils recently started to try harder to obtain the information it needs, thus for instance going into an ldap or NT domain lookup, which just takes an awful amount of time.
> I don't know the approach to patching such things. Does prefix maintain patches for OS bug workarounds? I know there are patches. Including this kind of thing?
We do, and I think, judging from the bugs, that we should try to find the configure flag that reverts this behaviour and add it so.
> There are a few possible ways to work around the bug. I put the details in the ticket. Happy to contribute the code ...
Ok, let's continue the discussion there, then. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level