From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix][aix] python-2.4.4
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:57:36
On 20-03-2007 22:26:53 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> > ** [aix-gawk-ffs.patch] ** > > AIX ld does not understand '-soname', but it can create shared-libs. > > Pass '-G' to the linker instead. > > So I've built that, but am unable to test if it actually > > works. > > Patch is not sane, as it relies on $USERLAND, and this variable is on > the todo to be killed/changed into GNU.
Ok, this was a heart-attack thing. I suddenly understand why your patch used USERLAND. Anyway, I kicked the hell out of that Makefile so it now properly compiles and installs on Darwin too, instead of cowardly just skipping it. Thanks. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level -- gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list