From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] creating a prefix.eclass?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:18:14
1 On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 10:15 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > Sort of responding to/being inspired by haubi's comment on -dev about
3 > "inherit eapi 4", I wondered whether we should make a prefix.eclass.
4 >
5 > Currently we have eprefixify as function provided by Portage, and hence
6 > ebuilds that use eprefixify cannot be straight ported to gentoo-x86.
7 > Most notable are the eselect-* ebuilds that some gentoo-x86 devs like to
8 > give full Prefix support, but simply can't because eprefixify (which we
9 > would use) cannot be used in gentoo-x86.
10
11 Maybe indeed you're right, eprefixify is just an utility to help fixing
12 package's code and should not be part of an EAPI.
13
14 > So, should we start an eclass with for now eprefixify in there, and for
15 > every ebuild where we use it, start inheriting prefix and nuke the
16 > function from Portage? Somehow I think this is a good idea.
17
18 In gentoo-x86, this indeed can help to integrate prefix ebuilds, even
19 with EAPI 0. Just set EPREFIX/ED/EROOT if unset, in global scope.
20
21 But the keyword issue still stands...
22
23 /haubi/
24 --
25 Michael Haubenwallner