From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Mock up Linux bootstrap guide
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:51:03
1 On 12-09-2007 11:39:09 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 23:05 +0200, Rabbe Fogelholm wrote:
3 > > I decided to make a first shot in an up-to-date Gentoo Linux
4 > > environment; there couldn't be a friendlier environment could it? :-)
5 >
6 > Ehm, the risk that prefix-gentoo interferes with native-gentoo is much
7 > higher than on non-gentoo linux, although I have prefix running on
8 > native x86 gentoo.
9
10 Valid point. The risk of running prefix-gentoo on native-gentoo, is
11 that you don't notice prefix-gentoo actually being wrong, because the
12 non-prefixed components simply exists and are pretty good usable.
13
14 That said, prefix-gentoo should work fine (without conflicts also) on
15 native-gentoo, but I'll be the last one who tries it out, as I want to
16 be the first to hit an error in prefix-gentoo (and fix it).
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level
22 --
23 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list