From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] lzma failing to find libstdc++.so.6
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:37:17
1 Hi all,
2
3 This is just a heads up on a bug that might hit you too, if you haven't
4 already resolved it. I noticed this two days ago, and others
5 experienced the same.
6
7 After updating gcc you might end up with broken tools, like lzma-utils.
8 This is due to a change we made to gcc-config with regard to where
9 gcc-libs are made available in the system. Because the location
10 changed, an old lzma (compiled before binutils-config and gcc-config
11 were updated for this change) will not be able to find the right
12 libstdc++.so.6 any more. There is nothing you can do about this apart
13 from recompiling the tool that fails, lzma-utils in this case. It may
14 be more applications though.
15
16 We needed the change to better cope with gcc upgrades and multiple gcc's
17 available in the system.
21 Fabian Groffen
22 Gentoo on a different level
23 --