From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] lzma failing to find
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:37:17
Hi all,

This is just a heads up on a bug that might hit you too, if you haven't
already resolved it.  I noticed this two days ago, and others
experienced the same.

After updating gcc you might end up with broken tools, like lzma-utils.
This is due to a change we made to gcc-config with regard to where
gcc-libs are made available in the system.  Because the location
changed, an old lzma (compiled before binutils-config and gcc-config
were updated for this change) will not be able to find the right any more.  There is nothing you can do about this apart
from recompiling the tool that fails, lzma-utils in this case.  It may
be more applications though.

We needed the change to better cope with gcc upgrades and multiple gcc's
available in the system.

Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list