From: Perry Smith <pedzsan@×××××.com>
To: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: please don't use html
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:00:25
1 On Feb 10, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2
3 > Hello, please stop using HTML on the mailing lists. Some software can't really handle it, eg: http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-alt/msg_abc1055bd7db1f1fbdcf8e67ce031bc8.xml
4
5 I can try. I need to hit shift-command-T before I sent the message but there is nothing nagging me to do that.
6
7 I must ask that isn't it time to change? I use to be on your side 12 years ago but HTML in email has been with us for 15+ years now. It just isn't that hard to either take the text only part of it or sanitize the html. 15 years is a very long time to procrastinate doing something that would help lots of people.
8
9 The other choice which would help me is just reject the email. Then it comes back to me, I can covert the message, and send it a 2nd time. Its a small hassle but something that a few lists use to do.
10
11 Within the past five years, I find fewer and fewer lists that have this restriction. I can't recall a list that has this restriction except the gentoo list at this point. It is a somewhat negative "sales" characteristic for gentoo to make this restriction.
12
13 HTH,
14 pedz
15 (this is suppose to be plan text -- let me know if it isn't)