From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] zlib-1.2.4 upgrade on Solaris
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:46:25
1 Hey all,
2
3 So far, I've noticed on all my Solaris prefixes that the upgrade of zlib
4 breaks your system, as in: Python doesn't work any more due to a missing
5 $EPREFIX/lib/libz.so.
6 This is caused by a missing soname in libz-1.2.3 and below on Solaris.
7 The simplest way to get your system going again is to create a symlink
8 for the missing libz.so:
9
10 % cd $EPREFIX/lib
11 % ln -s libz.so.1.2.4 libz.so
12
13 Since this is only a workaround, you best recompile all applications
14 that use libz (a lot :(). Regardless of whether you feel like doing
15 that or not, I strongly advise you to fix your python right away, by
16 simply reemerging it:
17
18 % emerge -1 python:2.6
19
20 After this you can remove the symlink again, and re-emerge applications
21 as you find them broken.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level