From: "Gregory M. Turner" <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Emerge Zsh on Mac OS X Mountain Lion
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:04:32
1 On 9/6/2012 12:17 AM, Ke Wu wrote:
2 > say I am in zsh on gentoo prefix and the prompt looks like this:
3 >
4 > *~ >*
5 >
6 > I typed git:
7 >
8 > *~ > git*
9 >
10 > Then I hit tab key, what happened is the first two chars (in this case
11 > "gi") of what I typed became part of the prompt, so after tab the thing
12 > looked like:
13 >
14 > *~ > gigit*
15 > *<auto-completion options>*
16 >
17 > Although, if I continue to type:
18 >
19 > *~ > gigit pull origin*
20 >
21 > the command worked just fine, but this bug is really annoying. and this
22 > happened with every command I typed.
23 >
24 > has anyone seen this kind of thing before?
25 >
26 > Thanks in advance!
27
28 I've seen such behavior although I don't use zsh. If you are lucky, the
29 problem is caused by an empty or broken TERMINFO database, a wrong
30 setting of the TERM environment variable, or a crappy terminal emulator.
31 I say lucky because these problems can be solved without hours of
32 head-scratching and pouring over obscure, boring information.
33
34 If you are unlucky, it's a bug in your zsh, in which case, get ready for
35 some fun times ahead :)
36
37 Did you emerge -e system yet? It might be that, during bootstrap, zsh
38 in your prefix didn't have an ncurses library to build against, or built
39 against the system libncurses instead of the one in your prefix; if
40 that's the problem, it will, with any luck, be fixed the second time around.
41
42 -gmt