From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] You too? youtoo!
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:46:26
2 > Well, for Windows you might be in some luck (thanks to mduft):
3 > What does exist already is (not a script, but) an ISO image (DVD) with some nice
4 > GUI installer, that can set up both Interix and Gentoo Prefix on your Windows box.
5 > You can find it via http://prefix.gentoo.org/bootstrap.xml
8 Thank, you. That is good starting point. I took a look into the docs
9 pdf. Looks quite welldone.
10
11 However, I couldn't even test it because it requires windows enterprise.
12 Than it is done in C#, which is not that portable.
13
14 Researches for me:
15
16 1.) Can I set it up with the Cygwin compatibility layer?
17
18 There are no positive reports so far.
19
20 2.) Can I strip it down to a more lightweight tool?
21
22 3.) Which language to make the installer more portable?
23
24 The Java stack would offer a solution, but is heavy itself.
25 At least it is already installed on many machines.
26 Python? Ruby?