From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Any procedure to test a quick patch to a package?
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 09:06:22
1 On 14-12-2012 15:47:30 -0600, René Berber wrote:
2 > From the issue comments it looks like the change has already been
3 > committed, it just wasn't in Python 2.7.3 at the time of release.
4 >
5 > Do you still want a gentoo bug for older versions (like 2.7.2 which is
6 > the one used by Prefix)?
7
8 I think we can update the patched version to 2.7.3
9
10 > Also for the record, Prefix on Cygwin doesn't build. Python was created
11 > and seems to work, but there's a lot of strange messages at stage 2
12 > complaining about not finding Python's libraries (Cygwin just as Windows
13 > needs the dll libraries in the PATH -- but I'm not sure if that is the
14 > problem). I might be missing some other important message in the middle
15 > of all that output.
16
17 I wouldn't be surprised if PATH isn't setup right for that. As far as I
18 know, we don't have any tricks for Cygwin in place, yet.
19
20 Thanks!
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo on a different level