From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] gcc configure options
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:21:53
1 Man! Compiling and debugging GCC is hard. It takes hours on windows.
2 The filesystem is that lame!
3
4 a) After patching(!) by emerge, I tried the classical "configure;
5 make" pair in the source directory. Works! Hours! Building me fortran,
6 java and other stuff that isn't needed to bootstrap.
7
8 b) Compiling by "emerge" sets a lot of options to configure. Always
9 ends up in errors from libstdc++-v3.
12 I have lost the old error log due to a running emerge. There where
13 lots of complaints of missing second arguments to "min", "max". A
14 websearch did not lead to useful results.
15
16 Anyhow the difference between both approaches AFAIK is the setting of
17 options to configure by emerge. Any clue? I attach some log files
18 showing the options given to configure.
19
20 Thank you all for your great help during this week.
21
22 Al

compile application/octet-stream
unpack application/octet-stream