From: Jason Pepas <cell@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix] sparc issue, was m4 ebuild digest problem
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:52:37
1 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > Cool, see how far you get with prefix-launcher.
3
4 I'll go ahead and reply to this mail here, as the mail originated from
5 this list, but future prefix-launcher mails will go on the new mailing
6 lists after they are set up.
7
8 under solaris, I run into a problem on the second stage of prefix-launcher:
9
10 + emerge --oneshot --nodeps portage
13 !!! /var/local/cell/gentoo-prefix/etc/make.profile is not a symlink and
14 will probably prevent most merges.
15 !!! It should point into a profile within
16 /var/local/cell/gentoo-prefix/usr/portage/profiles/
17 !!! (You can safely ignore this message when syncing. It's harmless.)
20 !!! ARCH is not set... Are you missing the '/etc/make.profile' symlink?
21 !!! Is the symlink correct? Is your portage tree complete?
22
23 failed stage was: portage
24
25 In fact, make.profile doesn't exist at all in my sun prefix. I assume
26 it should point to this?
27
28 usr/portage/profiles/default-prefix/sunos/solaris/
29
30 Is this something which is generated automatically, or is something the
31 user does as part of the build process?
32
33 thanks,
34 jason pepas
35 --