From: Michael Jinks <michael.jinks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] prefix and X11 on a Mac?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:11:01
1 File this under "problems I'll probably fix myself the moment I hit 'send'
2 on an email"...
3
4 I'm using prefix on my OSX laptop, typically by starting an xterm and
5 running startprefix. But when I do that, my $DISPLAY isn't inherited, so X
6 apps obviously don't run. In cases like that, my usual hack is to ssh in
7 with X11 forwarding (-Y), but my laptop isn't running sshd. More to the
8 point, that seems like the wrong way to address this issue; why have all
9 that overhead encrypting a connection to localhost? If memory serves, ssh
10 used to support an option for cipher "none", but I don't find that in any
11 manpages now.
12
13 There has to be a better way...?
14