From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] upgrading packages with EAPI=prefix 1?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:00:42
1 On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 17:36 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 17-04-2009 10:46:27 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
3 > > i forgot to mention: on interix and hp-ux, busy files cannot be deleted,
4 > > so there is a bashrc hook, which has some mv magic to mv/cp files around
5 > > as that unmerging is possible... seems that hook is not called since the
6 > > EAPI doesn't match...
7 >
8 > ok, that sucks big time.
9
10 ok... following this upgrade path from an old prefix should work:
11
12 emerge -avuDe world
13 emerge -avuD world
14
15 :)
16
17 this merges the last hybrid portage (the other one is masked by EAPI, at
18 least thats true for me...(??)), and after that uses that portage to
19 reinstall/update all packages. after that a normal update will give the
20 newest portage.
21
22 if the new portage is not masked by EAPI, that would be a problem. you'd
23 need to manually mask it while doing the -avuDe world.
24
25 the only problem is that the -avuDe world should never be stopped, since
26 otherwise a recalculation of dependencies will cause the non-hybrid
27 portage to be merged, which will (possibly) destroy (some) installed
28 packages - or at least prevents upgrades to run through smooth.
29
30 Should we provide some docs somewhere about this?
31
32 Cheers, Markus