From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Cannot emerge --oneshot findutils
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 05:55:53
1 On 10-09-2009 10:05:24 +0800, Galaxy wrote:
2 > >> It was once a bug for $ ./bootstrap-prefix.sh $EPREFIX/tmp findutils3
3 > >> but why this happens in emerge ?
4 > >>
5 > >> I just use ./bootstrap-prefix.sh $EPREFIX findutils3 to bypass it.
6 >
7 > > that feels like a very bad idea to me.
8 > So do I when I emerge -u system and find 4.5.5 works, it just conflict
9 > with the 4 files that from findutils3. I went through by rm them.
10
11 Can you explain why it suddenly works then? Or why you would need a
12 newer version of findutils bootstrapped (as suggested by Michael Yang)?
13 I don't quite understand how the problem goes away because of that.
14
15 > So, just need to emerge --sync before setup findutils. The protage
16 > package need to be updated.
17
18 Yesterday I bumped the snapshot, so it should have 4.5.5 included for a
19 new bootstrap now. Does that solve things?
20
21 > And I find another bug: If I set PERL5LIB and the host perl is 5.8.5,
22 > the prefix perl 5.8.8 will not work as it cannot find correct lib.
23 > Maybe the manual should ask us to unset PERL5LIB. (This is what
24 > stops me from "env FEATURES="-collision-protect" emerge --oneshot
25 > portage".)
26
27 We sort of assume you have all of these (and similar such as
28 LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PYTHONPATH, etc.) unset, like we also assume you won't
29 reset the PATH variable after the bootstrap and being in the prefix env
30 (using ./startprefix). It's almost impossible to guard against this
31 kind of things. We *can* add a little note with a couple of these
32 variables to suggest to unset them. Thanks.
36 Fabian Groffen
37 Gentoo on a different level