From: Anders Bo Rasmussen <abr@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Problem installing Gentoo Prefix
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:32:49
1 On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Johan Hattne <johan@××××××.se> wrote:
2 >
3 > > Any hint on what I can do to get rid of this problem?
4 >
5 > I’ve only ever seen this error when I’ve got PORTAGE_TMPDIR on NFS. If this is indeed the case (you’d have one or more .nfsXXX files left over in your PORTAGE_TMPDIR, /home/abr/gentoo/var/tmp in your case), you may be able to work around it by setting PORTAGE_TMPDIR to something non-networked in etc/portage/make.conf, e.g. PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/tmp.
6
7 Thanks! I'm running on NFS, and changing the PORTAGE_TMPDIR in
8 bootstrap-prefix.sh to PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/tmp/${ROOT}/var/tmp solved the
9 problem.
10
11 Now the boot strapping finished and I'm able to emerge. Thanks a lot.
12
13 Regards
14 Anders Bo Rasmussen