From: Junqi Hu <junqihu@××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] how to compile firefox on Mac Os X 10.8
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 03:04:56
1 The second problem has been solved by the script ecopy in $EPREFIX/usr/portage/scripts.
5 On 2012-8-30, at 上午5:55, junqihu <junqihu@××.com> wrote:
6
7 > Hi, all!
8 >
9 > I'm a newbie on using Mac OS X and gentoo prefix. Hence, I have many problems arised in using them to resolve. One of them is how to compile firefox by gentoo prefix, although I know that there is a package named firefox for mac on mozilla's project page.
10 >
11 > Ok, let's see what happened?
12 >
13 > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 >
15 > $ emerge -av firefox
16 >
17 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
18 >
19 > Calculating dependencies... done!
20 >
21 > The following USE changes are necessary to proceed:
22 > #required by www-client/firefox-14.0.1, required by firefox (argument)
23 > =x11-libs/cairo-1.12.2-r3 X
24 > #required by www-client/firefox-14.0.1, required by firefox (argument)
25 >> =x11-libs/pango-1.30.1 X
26 > #required by www-client/firefox-14.0.1, required by firefox (argument)
27 >> =media-libs/libpng-1.5.12 apng
28 >
29 > Use --autounmask-write to write changes to config files (honoring CONFIG_PROTECT).
30 >
31 > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=sys-apps/dbus-1.6.2".
32 > (dependency required by "dev-libs/dbus-glib-0.100" [ebuild])
33 > (dependency required by "www-client/firefox-14.0.1[dbus]" [ebuild])
34 > (dependency required by "firefox" [argument])
35 >
37 >
38 > The first question, I face to, is whether USE flag X should be select, because X11 for mac have been separated from Mac OS X since Mountain Lion. In fact, I have replaced USE Flag X by aqua in $EPREFIX/etc/make.conf.
39 >
40 > Obviously, without proper ebuild on dbus is another question. Same problem also raised on installing the package, app-text/xdvipdfmx, when USE flag xetex is chosen for app-text/texlive. Maybe, the procedure on ebuild transition from gentoo-portage to gentoo-portage-prefix should be mentioned.
41 >
42 > Anyone could help me?