From: Francois Bissey <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] sync failure on OS X
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 00:51:00
1 It looks like it is just the dev-python/Babel ebuild as far as I can see.
2 I used to be happy on a case insensitive file system myself but
3 I have the above as a dependency of something else and this is fun:
4
5 fbissey@Mirage ~/Gentoo $ emerge -puDNv dev-python/babel
6
7 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
8
9 Calculating dependencies... done!
10
11 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-python/babel".
12
13 emerge: searching for similar names...
14 emerge: Maybe you meant any of these: dev-python/Babel, dev-python/babelfish, dev-python/blz?
15 fbissey@Mirage ~/Gentoo $ emerge -puDNv dev-python/Babel
16
17 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
18
19 Calculating dependencies... done!
20
21 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-python/Babel".
22
23 emerge: searching for similar names...
24 emerge: Maybe you meant any of these: dev-python/babelfish, dev-python/blz, dev-python/tablib?
25
26 There is a loose policy, as far as I remember to avoid capital in
27 package names as much as possible (stuff like dev-lang/R being case
28 where you usually want capital). I am not entirely clear what it is in
29 Babel that breaks things though, there must be something more than
30 capitalisation.
31
32 François
33