From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Having a persistent bash environment variable
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:46:00
1 On 04-02-2008 19:48:28 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
2 > > > > Do I understand correctly if I say that you set UNIXMODE in your
3 > > > > environment, call portage and that you find that the
4 > > > > compilation/installation doesn't seem to have UNIXMODE set?
5 > > >
6 > > > Yes. I've fixed this currently with adding
7 > > >
8 > > > export UNIXMODE=....
9 > > >
10 > > > at the top of ebuild.sh
11 > >
12 > > Ok, that's a crude hack, I'll ask around to see how we can do this
13 > > properly.
14 >
15 > Right, please do, I'd love to hear the correct solution.
16
17 Could you add the following to your etc/portage/bashrc:
18
19 echo EBUILD_PHASE=${EBUILD_PHASE} UNIXMODE=${UNIXMODE}
20
21 Remove your hack and set UNIXMODE in etc/make.conf
22
23 Then run portage, and check if the var is set. Also, during
24 compilation, it should be stored in the environment file in the "temp"
25 dir of your var/tmp/portage/cat/pkg/.
26
27 > I'm using portage-prefix 9233 currently with bash 3.2(0) and tried
28 > 3.2(33), although I believe anything higher than (20) triggers the usual
29 > problems.
30
31 Those versions should be ok, I think...
32
33 > > > How do I go about sending patches in to get into the tree so I don't
34 > > > lose the current patches when I do an emerge --sync ??
35 > >
36 > > The tree is an svn tree, so no changes in the tree will be lost. Your
37 > > change in ebuild.sh will get lost as soon as you update portage.
38 >
39 > O.k. I can deal with the ebuild.sh modification for now until we get a
40 > more definitive answer.
41 >
42 > What about changes to the bootstrap-prefix.sh ?
43
44 It is also in the svn tree, so also there svn will retain your changes.
48 Fabian Groffen
49 Gentoo on a different level
50 --
51 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list